Advertisements
Advertisements
My daughter goes to catholic school. I just got a call from the cafeteria, she is on free lunch. About two months back I paid the year in full and later got a letter wanting to know if I wanted her to have free lunch. I told them no. So I tell them that again today and they tell me she has been getting it all along. They can't change it, I would need to call the diocese. I asked her how they even knew she was eligible, she said my daughter came out on a listing. I said we don't want the free lunch, there are no free lunch, that I can afford to feed my daughter and it ridiculous that people are living in $300,000 houses and getting these free lunches. (my house isn't $300,000 but I know other's are and who take it). She basically told me she wanted to know if I wanted the refund and I got the impression if I said no that they would keep her on free lunch and pocket the money I paid too. I could tell she was getting mad at me. She said something like "I will be the only one who knows, if it is out there take it". So that is the mentality of our world, take, take, take. So what is going to happen when everybody is taking and there is nothing left to take? I'm not saying that people who need free lunch shouldn't take it but there are an awful lot of people taking things that they don't need.
The other part is how the heck do they know she is eligible? I asked that and she said my daughter came out on a listing. How would a catholic school know she gets Medicaid and why? Oh I'm pretty sure I know that answer too, they are getting some type of money from federal government for her that I don't know about. Catholic schools in our area have sold their souls for using public school buses and other funds. It is some unholy alliance between the state and the catholic schools in more ways than we have any idea. This is a clear violation of my daughter's privacy and if complain it will cause her problems in other ways at school etc.
So the truth about adoption, it is nice the state gives you help with child care, college and medical card but sometimes there is an attitude that our kids still belong to them. This take government money mentality is so ingrained in the educational minds it is no wonder we have raised a country of children expecting a free ride.
You should find out what listing your daughter is on. In NY, we have forms to fill out and there's a question that asks if the child is a foster child. As far as I know, there is no listing of foster kids.
Advertisements
My kids were enrolled in a free backpack program for underprivileged kids at their school without my knowledge--- I got a phone call saying that my kids were getting them. I told the caller that we had already purchased new backpacks and my kids did not need them. I got the impression that my kids were put on the list because they were minorities and it was assumed that they qualified for backpacks.
Last update on November 13, 7:14 am by tygerlilyzz.