Advertisements
Advertisements
In 1987 I was 17 years old and gave birth to a beautiful baby girl. My parents made me give her up for adoption, I guess they didn't "make me" but my mom told me if I decided to keep her I would need to find somewhere to live before I left the hospital. Being 17 and having no idea that there was help out there for 17 year old single mothers I thought the best thing would be to try to give my baby a better life than I could give her. Now, fast forward to about three years ago. My daughter and I found each other through this website. I was SO happy!! I couldn't stop crying and I was thrilled.
I now live in AZ with my husband of 20+ years and my three daughters I had with him (my daughter i put up for adoption is not his birth child). But we set up a meeting and we met everything seemed so great! She was even calling me mom and my current husband she was calling dad. She has a daughter and she is so cute and she was beginning to bond with us too. My other daughters and her were forming a sister relationship. My daughter I put up for adoption even came to my husbands family reunion they have every two years and I introduced her to everyone. Lets just say I never imagined things to be like this all these years I thought about her. I was SO very happy and my life finally after all these years seems so complete.
Then slowly she stopped communication with us. I've tried calling, texting, facebook messaging. I know she is safe because I can see her Facebook and that she seems to be doing fine. But she won't respond to me :'( What do I do? Leave her alone? Let her decide if she wants me in her life? I feel like she's been ripped from my life not once but twice. Please if someone has been through this help me....
Christine
i understand.I'm an adoptee reunited only virtually with biological mother a year ago, for the first three weeks she tried to contact me and call me through skype, but i NEVER answered, why? i dnt knw. I searched for her n found her but never answered to her calls. so she stopped any contacts with me. now i regret((((. I was in shoke n all was SURREAL for me.
Advertisements
Christine, I imagine this is extremely difficult for her as well. She might have lots of emotions and just doesn't quite know how to react appropriately. I'm sure with time it will all work out. Stay positive! :)
I'm sure it's difficult for her as well. But I wish she would decide if she wants to be in my life or if she doesn't want to be. I would LOVE for her to be obviously but if she feels like she can't I really do understand and I would let her live her life without budding in. But my other daughters have feelings too and her coming in and out of our lives isn't good for them. I should have known it was too good to be true in the beginning :(