Advertisements
Advertisements
Originally Posted By Andrea Lea Parrish
Founded 11/30/01 this new site is seeking anyone from an adoption triad seeking a birth parent, child or sibling stemming from an adoption through The Cradle Society in Evanston, IL. ALthough the primary reason this was set up, no one searching for a missing family member will be excluded. All are welcome. Contact missandrea361@cs.com or
It is great to find this website for children adopted through The Cradle Society.
I was born in December, 1966 and adopted about 6 weeks later.
I found out about 10 years ago that I have a full biological brother (to my knowledge, our parents never married).
I am waiting on non-identifying information so I can start my search. I would truly love to find any members of my birth family.
Thanks for starting this link. I will check it daily.
Advertisements
I am not sure if this is the right place. Is this where we post that : I was adopted from the Cradle-DOB: 6-29-1958. I am female. Born in Evanston, Illinois; 6:02 pm. No birth names given. Dr. Farrar, jr. was the delivering doctor. I was adopted immediately.
Archive
Founded 11/30/01 this new site is seeking anyone from an adoption triad seeking a birth parent, child or sibling stemming from an adoption through The Cradle Society in Evanston, IL. ALthough the primary reason this was set up, no one searching for a missing family member will be excluded. All are welcome. Contact missandrea361@cs.com or [url]http://www.geocities.com/cradlebaby1963/Cradle_Babies.html[/url]
I am searching for my birth daughter born 8-8-75 in Waukegan and placed through the Cradle. I would very much like to make some sort of contact and know that you are OK and had a happy life. I have never stopped thinking about you. You need to have updated medical information.
I was born in Chicago to Wilma Wyatt and adopted out through the Cradle Society of Evanston Illinois.
I'd love to locate my birth mother.
My date of birth is March 24, 1959
Will the people from The Cradle put you in touch with your birth parents or is it a battle for records that have been sealed?
Advertisements
My mother, Barbara, gave birth to a girl on Nov 9th 1964
at the Edgewater Hopital In Chicago.
My sister was then adopted through the Cradle.
My mother has spent years looking for her -unsuccessfully.
I am beginning to search myself and am not sure how to go about it.
If any one has any advice, it would be much appreciated. I can be reached at jxido@cabula6.com
thank you
Jeremy
Not sure if this is where I need to go for the information or not, but my husband was adopted from the Cradle in 1956 and we have been trying to locate his two sisters. If you have any info or possible info please let us know. My email is lvirishdance@yahoo.com. He was born August 14, 1956 and lived in Evanston for a few years before moving to Michigan with is adopted parents.
wendy bischof
You can call The Cradle and ask for an intermediary. They will contact you and at least give you non id info. and possibly reunite you. It didn't work for me because I'm looking for my father (already met my mother), but he did not go along with my mother and was not involved, so they would not contact him or give me identifying info.
Hope this helps.
wendy
Thanks Wendy for this information. I was born on 2/5/53 and am looking for birth family members, preferably my mom & dad but realize it might be to late. Still, I can hope!
spike
Advertisements
Archive
Founded 11/30/01 this new site is seeking anyone from an adoption triad seeking a birth parent, child or sibling stemming from an adoption through The Cradle Society in Evanston, IL. ALthough the primary reason this was set up, no one searching for a missing family member will be excluded. All are welcome. Contact missandrea361@cs.com or [url]http://www.geocities.com/cradlebaby1963/Cradle_Babies.html[/url]
Picture of greg
Hello Andrea:
I am writing to you in hope of getting some help in finding the lost family for my 83 year old professor. My professor is retired now and served as a father figure for me while I did my masters and PhD work at the University of Tennessee Knoxville. All of his adoptive family is deceased and he is hopeful that he has cousins or brothers/sisters that are alive on his blood parents side.
He had told me about being adopted from the Cradle Society in Evanston, Illinois in 1930. His adoptive mother and father (Mr. and Mrs. Ellison) lived in Chicago at the time of the adoption and later moved to New Jersey where he grew up.
My friends name is Jack S. Ellison. Of course he didn't have that name when he was given up for adoption.
The only information he was given was (when he was age 15) by his adoptive mother when she told him that he was adopted. The other information was that the last name of the person giving him up was SCHOENHEIDER. My friend never had a birth certificate his whole life. They figured his birthday was April 10, 1930 as the adoption agency told his adoptive mother that the blood mother said he was 3 days old when she brought him to the Cradle Society. So apparently the Cradle Society took him in on or about April 13, 1930.
I once helped a former girlfriend find her real father as she was adopted. This searching experience in 1985 was very rewarding for me and extremely valuable for my girlfriend. Now I am in this position again in wanting to help my professor. As it is not likely that his parents would be alive (they would be in late 90's or older), I am certain that he must have other family members that are alive. My hope is that they would want to meet him and I would respect them if they did not.
Do you have any ideas about how I might get this search going?
Sincerely,
Gregory Duthey
3310 Mount Vernon Drive
Knoxville, TN 37916
email: belgwi@hotmail.com
Cell 865-306-6045
The only thing I can say for semi sure is the birthday is between 1971 and 1974. If you found any of the following last names on your birth certificate, contact me please.
A) Ellegood
B) Kipnis
My father was adopted through the Cradle Society in Illinois. I am looking for his actual birth records to locate any siblings. He passed away October 9, 2018. Any information would be helpful in gathering this information. Thank you . Lani.herner@protonmail.com
My father was adopted through the Cradle Society in Illinois. I am looking for his actual birth records to locate any siblings. He passed away October 9, 2018. Any information would be helpful in gathering this information. Thank you . Lani.herner@protonmail.com
Illinois process for you to receive a copy of your father's original birth certificate (OBC) is relatively easy now. Two links, one to the form you need, the other to an in-depth post about how it all works. Good luck.
Advertisements
Is this site still active? I'm a 41yr old adoptee from the Cradle. I've recently had some medical stuff come up and would like to find my birth parents, if only to get medical info. I've been having trouble navigating their system, as it seems to all want $ to do anything, and I just don't have it in the budget right now. Anyone have any hints?
Thank you!
We are looking for someone that was adapted through the cradle in Illinois- male was born around 1971-1972 his birth mother was in her early 20’s black hair and birth father had red hair.! We are looking for him because his birth mother is dying and would love to meet him plus his half brother would like to meet him too! If that fits you please email me at jrmcsoley@icloud.com and I’ll ask a few more follow up questions. We would really like to meet!!!!