Advertisements
Advertisements
I hope someone can help me on this subject. I am a 55 yo male who was "adopted" at birth, but there was never any paperwork signed by any of the parties. I only found this out at the age of 18 when I wanted to get a job but could not produce a Social Insurance Number which you need to get a job in Canada. Anyway my adopted parents had to fess up that I had been living under a false name, they did not put it that way but essentially that is what it amounted to. At the time I figured oh well thats life, but lately I think about how that would even happen. Did my birth mom slip out the back door when I was born. My adopted mom fed me a line that i was the most beautiful baby in the bunch, that is why they adopted me, which I know now that is BS because if that was the case there would be papers signed etc.
Anyway I just wanted to put that out there and see if anyone else had experiences like this. My childhood was kinda like "the red headed step child case" Anyway hope to hear from someone.
Advertisements
Wow, that is crazy. I am so sorry to hear that. I'm not exactly sure how all of the laws or processes in Canada work. If you were in Florida, where I live, I would send you to the genealogy library at the college to comb through birth records. Maybe if you could find your hospital records, you could start filing for your various identification paperwork. You could try taking an Ancestry DNA test and figuring out your identity that way. Then you could ask for a birth certificate if you have a name. I will ask around and see if I can come up with some more ideas.
I feel so sorry for you sir.Im 24 and I pretty much have the same case with just few variations, its my bio dad who abandoned me and my mom.
It feels like death when you realize that your father who caused you to be born in this world,looks at you as nothin but a mistake.
It kills me every single day and second of life and has got me depressed and my whole life screwed.Despite all the stress and issues I managed to score good in school and gain a bachelors degree and continuing to get a masters degree soon.
you are older than me and with such troubled scneario in your past Im sure you must be a very loving and kind person and I can only imagine how hurt you must be deep within.I know no words can ever describe the pain people like us go through who are left,Adopted and il treated,Abandoned by own parents....No child should ever have to go through these emotions.
I literally die every day to wish and pray to have a father figure in my life but its just a wish..I dont know if it will ever come true.
I hope someone can help me on this subject. I am a 55 yo male who was "adopted" at birth, but there was never any paperwork signed by any of the parties. I only found this out at the age of 18 when I wanted to get a job but could not produce a Social Insurance Number which you need to get a job in Canada. Anyway my adopted parents had to fess up that I had been living under a false name, they did not put it that way but essentially that is what it amounted to. At the time I figured oh well thats life, but lately I think about how that would even happen. Did my birth mom slip out the back door when I was born. My adopted mom fed me a line that i was the most beautiful baby in the bunch, that is why they adopted me, which I know now that is BS because if that was the case there would be papers signed etc.
Anyway I just wanted to put that out there and see if anyone else had experiences like this. My childhood was kinda like "the red headed step child case" Anyway hope to hear from someone.