Advertisements
Advertisements
My biggest fear was getting matched, being very emotionally involved and attached and then having the expectant mother choose to parent after the child is born. I am of the opinion that expectant mothers with an adoption plan have every right to change their mind during any point before relinquishment, but as a hopeful adoptive parent, that was a very real fear of mine. I would have been heartbroken if our placement had not worked out as we hoped. It is still something I am nervous about if we adopt again, but I just have to remember that everything happens for a reason.
Advertisements
Both Adoption Professionally and as a Mom, I feel that Adoption is a ' Emotional Rollercoaster . '
You never can get off of the ride.
Our Adoption Attorney has a saying.
' Child Birth is an Act of ' Mother Nature ' . Adoption is an Act of God. '
The only change for me would be . This or Adoptions are something that God gave to our Family...
In response to Laurens' Response.
I feel the same way or the same perspectives and opinions about ' Domestic Adoption ' , or ' Foster to Adopt . '
I used to feel that International Adoption. There was a ' Guarantee of in the end you would bring home a child. '
Now that no longer exists!???!!
I haven't adopted yet, but I believe that adoption is something that we will do eventually. I really have a heart for foster adoption, so I think that's the direction we will go in. My biggest fear, though - and the thing that's holding me back - is that we won't be able to meet the needs of a child who has been through so much trauma. I'm also worried about how adopting a child would affect my other kids and our overall family dynamic.