Advertisements
Advertisements
So yesterday was my first Mother's Day where I actually got to have a baby in my arms and it was so incredible after years of crying and hating this day! I'm sure many of you just had your first Mother's Day with a child. And for birth mom's, I imagine this could be a very difficult day. How was yours?
I have been blessed to have had 10 mothers day now as a mom, but it's still often a rough day for me. I tried to follow my own advice and spend my day honoring other moms instead of worrying about myself, but honestly, I spent a good portion of the day crying. I guess it just stirs up all of my insecurities as a mother - Am I doing it right? Do I bring joy into my kiddos' lives? Will they always be glad I was the one who raised them? That said, they were very sweet to me. They made me a yummy breakfast and my 10-year-old baked a cake. I'll attach a picture. It was adorable.
Advertisements
My mother's day was really tough. The day before is birth mothers day, and my birth daughter's parents sent me flowers and a ton of photos. I appreciated that a lot. But I didn't hear anything from anyone else other than a few comments on a facebook post. Mother's day was hard. I tried very hard to focus on my own mom and making her day. But it was tough to see her and the other moms I know taking it easy and receiving tons of love and appreciation. I definitely felt left out.
I am so looking forward to being in a place where I can parent children. I know one day all this pain will be worth it. I will never take mothers' day for granted, that's for sure. This mother's day was definitely a lesson in perspective.
Oh, Annaleece, hugs to you. I can't even imagine how hard it is to be forgotten on a day when you should be honored.