Advertisements
Advertisements
She told my/her little guy during a phone conversation. I don't even know if it is true but if it is, I'm wondering how likely is it that the baby will be removed? Parental rights would most likely be severed with my little guy by the time the new baby is born. Mom didn't test when she was court ordered to so she may still be using. I think the court assumes a positive result if the test isn't taken.
The bm of my 2 youngest had a baby after she lost custody of the other kids and she was able to keep her. I think if there's an open case, CPS will be more likely to take the baby.
Advertisements
I don't know what the rules are where you are, but here it depends on HOW the parents were TPR'd. If they voluntarily sign the termination order, they have a chance of keeping any further children. However, if they object to termination and there is a hearing that they lose...they've now lost their child/children involuntarily. By law any future children will automatically be taken into custody.
Now if she's voluntarily given up her rights to the child you have by the time she has the new baby, it doesn't necessarily mean she will keep the new baby. If that baby tests positive, law requires the hospital call protective services, and if she has a history and she's still using, they'll probably take the baby into care.
All that being said, there's no way to know for sure if they'll take the baby or not. So many factors come into play in these situations.