Advertisements
Advertisements
I was born in Minneapolis Minnesota on July 23rd of 1977. I was taken back to California by my mother, Diane Murphy, and put up for adoption through the Santa Barbara Children's Home Society within my first few months of life. I had been told I was adopted at a very young age, but had never known ANY details other than the city and state where I was born because my adopted parents had not known any other information to give me other than that. I am assuming because it had been a closed adoption. When my adopted mother passed away about 2 years ago, I suddenly had a fire lit under my heels and I began to search for my birthparents, although I was literally starting with nothing to go off of. Surprisingly, not long after I began my search --- THANKS TO A WONDERFUL BLESSING OF A HUMAN BEING CALLED "A SEARCH ANGEL" --- my birthfathers sister (my aunt) had been discovered due to her having posted on one of the adoption registry sites looking for me many years ago. So, in turn I was able to locate and be reunited with my Birthfather John Mullins last year!! That is when I finally found out at least what my birthmothers name is!! But it hasnt been so easy finding her.... An old high school friend of my birthfathers used to date my birthmothers sister and so my birthfather put me in touch with him in hopes maybe he remembered some specific details that may help me. But all he could remeber was the sisters name (sorta) which was something like Merleen or Marileen or something of the like, and that she was older than my mother. But that is all of the details he could remeber. Anyways, I am about to turn 40 years old and.....well.....i guess basically still a little girl in search of her mother!! So Diane, if you are out there or if you find this, I want very much to meet you! Or at least speak with you for a few minutes! I hope you are looking for me too.........