Advertisements
Advertisements
Hello. I am new to this online community but found it when I made the decision to adopt through local state foster care - which was back in Nov of 2016.
I am almost at the end of this long, unexpected, yet also exciting journey. All my paperwork is complete, all my in person interviews complete, background check and fingerprints complete, and now .... I'm waiting. Just waiting for my very sweet but also slightly overworked SW to finish the first draft of my HS document for me to review and make changes. She mentioned in our last in person that it should only take about a week, then agency directory reviews it, and then I wait for my letter of approval. When I get the letter, I have access to the list of sweet little ones waiting for a forever family. So far it's been just a little over a week and no response back yet.
I am just wondering if anyone else struggled more in these last steps of just "waiting" at the end, than in any other time in this process. It's been great practice for the parenting to come for sure : letting go of what you can't control and challenging your capacity for patience.
Advertisements
Thank you Annaleece.
I appreciate the encouragement. I finally got the first draft of my home study to review and submit any changes. I also received an e-mail about how to prepare for transitioning your child into your family. Soon I should get the letter of approval. So close to the matching process now. The wait was worth it, of course. ; )
: : Hi Brittany. Yes my home study was officially approved at the beginning of September & I am currently in the process of matching but still waiting to find out if I'm one of the few that are even being considered as a potential parent for any of the children I expressed interest in. So unfortunately I am back in the waiting phase again ... which is clearly by far my least favorite phase of this whole process. Lol. ; ) I just keep focusing on the end of the adoption process being in site eventually. It is just really tough to not be able to plan for or get into a new routine with my child yet because I don't know yet when that will happen ... could be a month from now or take as long as 6 months (worst case of course). : :
Advertisements