Advertisements
Advertisements
Recently I have been blessed with finding my birth mother and siblings. In that time, I have learned a lot about who I am and my love and appreciation for family has grown as I've welcomed many new people into my life and heart. It was only a few weeks ago that I heard about you though. I feel selfish for wondering about you, because I have already found more than I could ever have imagined, but still you cross my mind almost every day. You are my only older sibling and we share the same father. I don't believe he was involved in your life either. I'm not sure how much older you are, but our father was in his mid 20's and lived in Lawton, OK when I came along. I was born in 1988. I know his name and a lot about him now, but that's where I plan to leave it. We have a big family on his side in that area too. I was told that your mom worked at a bank when you were little.
That's all I know about you. Even relatives I've spoken to on his side of my family don't seem to know your name or where you might be, but they do know about you. That wasn't true for me. So that means even if you know about our family, you probably don't know I exist and I don't know enough about you to even begin to look for you. My heart breaks thinking about that fact. The way we are lost to each other seems especially unfair because of the one person who could tell me your name. You can bet that if he ever reaches out to me, that will be my one and only question. I hope that day comes.
If by some miracle you know of your adopted little brother and come looking here out of curiosity, I sure hope you see this and that something I've mentioned gets your attention. I keep hoping that one day those AncestryDNA commercials gets sparks your curiosity. You would find me there. I am also in touch with our fathers first cousin and her family.
I hope I get the opportunity to meet you in this life. You're the only thing missing in a picture I never thought I'd see and there will always be a place in my heart for you.
Love,
Your Brother Blain