Advertisements
Advertisements
Our FS came to us almost two weeks ago he is 3. We are a kinship placement as I was his childcare provider. FS has been in foster care for approximately 11 months. FS was placed with his half brothers dad until the family decided they could no longer keep him. I am a first time foster parent and am having some anxiety about his first supervised visit with his mom. He hasn't seen her in over a month and before that I know they had visit sporadically that were supervised. He does not speak of or ask about his mom since he has been with us. He does ask about his dad "foster dad" quite often. I know that it will benefit him to have this visit and it will put her mind at ease knowing he is in good care. I just can't help but feel anxiety. I wonder how it will go? Will he have any issues afterwards? Any thoughts or comments are appreciated.
Not really knowing the background of your fs, he may be indifferent, really excited, anxious and confused, upset after the visit, or a variety of many emotions. I wrote an article recently about preparing for parental visits and what to expect; maybe it will help (see below).
Advertisements
How did the visit go? I didn't see the post or I would have added my two cents. While he may not show outward signs, he may remember her and he may have separation anxiety.