Advertisements
Advertisements
Viewing Single Post
What does your attorney say? Have they made any efforts to set up any meetings? This is an allegation on your file and once they are on there, they never go away, even if it's unsubstantiated later. That definitely affects your likelihood of ever being able to adopt any kids, not just these. I think you really need to light some fire under your attorney to do more advocating for you.
I do have to say it sickens me how foster parents treat other foster parents this way. They more than anyone should know how difficult it is to care for these kids (and how the kids know if they lie, they get a ton of attention - though they usually don't expect all the negative that comes from that). Unless it's a very, very clear case of abuse/neglect that any reasonable person would agree is abuse/neglect, foster parents should be more understanding & supportive of one another instead of allowing themselves to be turned into county sanctioned spies against other foster families. It hurts the kids in the end and keeps the $$ flowing for the machine that's benefitting from these kids.
I'm sorry this happened to you. Please contact your attorney and if they are not responsive or don't have experience with CPS, try to find one who does - it makes a big difference. You probably won't get the kids bafhu3, but they can at least put a big note in your file about this allegation so it doesn't affect you if you want to continue fostering.