Advertisements
Advertisements
I recently got a placement from another county and didnt realize he would be taken so soon and moved to another foster home back by where his mom lives now that one became available. He was really thriving with me and although I'm not sure he could ever really be reunited with mom, hes leaving me to go back to a really rough city and a new home to be closer to her. I fell in love with this little guy. It has of course been a roller coaster ride and this weekend I will be putting together his belongings to send him off Monday morning.
Anyway, I want to write him a little letter and stick it in his things. Hes only 7 months old so wouldnt be able to read it for a while. For all I know they could throw it away at his next foster home or could make it back to his mom at some point.
What should I write?
Should I put my phone number or last name?
If magically it doesnt get thrown away, I would love to hear from him at some point.
This is an extra question I'm throwing in for good measure...
Unless deliberately told by someone he wont know I existed or that he was with me. If he is adopted out and not reunited with mom down the road and his name is changed is there a way to ever find him again?
Lisa
Hi,
writing your phone number is a good idea. I wish that won't throw it away.
Last update on May 30, 1:57 pm by Nina taylor.
Advertisements
What a difficult situation you are in. It's unfortunate to see what is best for the child be put aside for what is convenient for the offending birth parent. My wife and I are foster parents who want to bring awareness to the ways in which our foster care system is broken. We want to help organize a walk in individual state capitals on the same day next year (2020). Right now, we are still in the preliminary stages and want to see how much interest there is out there for something like this and who would be willing to build this event with us. If you’re at all interested in either attending and / or building this march, please sign up here and we’ll be in touch. We truly believe we can get some attention to this seemingly ubiquitous opinion of our broken foster system. Sending this link to your contacts or posting it on your group page would be very helpful. So far, we have had a significant, nation-wide response. We hope you choose to get involved!
~Rob Cox
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfNgwyzrg...