Advertisements
Advertisements
Hey guys. We've had our foster son for 23 months, dad is in jail and mom currently has a warrant. She was given second chance probation with time to pay fines etc. She didn't have a job when the first "time to pay" case came but said she'd just got one and asked for a one month extension. She then left town and no ones seen or heard from her since, that was the end of April. She now has a warrant out for her arrest and she's missed 12 visits in a row now and our cw thinks it's because she's afraid she'll be arrested if she shows for the visit. The cw said they don't do that, but mom still is MIA. Our next court date is in August and I'm assuming she won't show for that either given her fear of being arrested. How much do you think this will effect the case? We keep hoping for a TPR so we can adopt but they keep giving her more time for services etc. Thanks in advance!
12 visits in a row are a lot. Obviously I don't know the whole case, or how your agency works, but where I'm from 12 visits in a row would be a clear indicator that reunification wasn't going to work. Here they refer to it as the pulse of the case, a way to monitor the general direction the case is going in.
Also, my other thought would be, if she's not attending visits, she's probably not doing services either. If she doesn't do services, and she isn't attending visits, I can't imagine that they wouldn't TPR. Again, I'm just going by how things would happen here.
Good luck and have patience. It's a loooong process.
Advertisements