Advertisements
Advertisements
My closest friend in the whole world is an adoptee and I’m having a hard time understanding her. I would really love some advice because I love her so much and I don’t want to lose her.
I’ve read many articles about adoptees and their issues with forming strong bonds and that when someone gets to close, they start to push them away. I am worried this is what is happening to us.
Some days, she acts like I am her best friend in the whole world...even saying that I am “her person” and other days, she acts like I’m just bothering her.
We live quite a ways away from each other and there are times when she texts all the time and others when I don’t hear from her from a week. Some days she is an open book, other times I can’t get anything out of her and she shuts up completely.
It feels to me that she is always testing me...that she is always giving me reasons to back off and leave her but I love her dearly and after 4 years, i would think she would understand that I’m not going anywhere.
Is there anything else I can do in this relationship or just take the good along with the bad? Any advice would be much appreciated