Advertisements
Advertisements
I currently have a major decision that needs to be made and I am really hoping that I will be given some advice cause it's been bothering me. I am currently 21 years old and I am in my last year of studying to become a foundation phase teacher. Since I was in high school I have been planning on going to South Korea to teach however lately I have been thinking of fostering my step sisters kids. My step sister and her ex are both drug addicts and are unable to give the kids what they need. They are beautiful children who need all the love in the world and will be 6 and 7 years old when I do decide to Foster them next year. When I start working next year, I will be able to provide for them financially. Everytime they have to go home after visiting me they cry. My heart is so broken therefore I've been thinking of fostering. Basically I need advice on whether I should Foster them and give up my previous dreams of moving to South Korea permenantly? Also do you think I will be able to do this alone as I am so young myself?
This is something that I really want to do and something that they need, I'm just scared that I will not be able to do a good job or that I may even regret my decision in the future as I will be giving up on a dream I had for the past 5 years. I am willing to be completely selfless because putting my plans on hold is nothing compared to giving them what they deserve. I'm sorry I know this is long but it's a decision that's been on my mind for so long and I just need some help.
Have you told your step-sister about your plans? Would she let the girls go with you? Would your sister allow you to adopt them? Would not going make you regret having the girls? The girls will be difficult at times and it’s easy to say you’ll never regret it, until they are horrible to you for a week and you’ve had no personal time. Not saying you stop loving and caring for them but parenting is hard. You will lose a part of yourself for them. Do you have other family in the area to help support you? Would you have family/friend support in Korea? What would be best for the girls and what is best for you? Would the court let you foster the girls based on your age, status and relationship to them? I would ask family their options and do a whole lot of praying. Please keep us posted.
Advertisements