Advertisements
Advertisements
I am having a huge internal struggle here. We have fostered our soon to be adoptive children (3, 3, 2 years) for 2 years now. They have siblings (4, 5, 7 years) placed with biological aunt who is also adopting.
My main goal was keeping contact with the kids, but over the past 2 years aunt has lied to me, caseworkers, etc. Aunt and grandma have not follow the boundaries DCS has put in place and the judge even threatened to remove the siblings from her care.
We have chosen no contact with bio parents right now partially because mom is struggling with addiction and she has not responded to anything I've sent through aunt letters, pictures, etc. Dad has been incarcerated our whole case. Aunt wants to have control of everything..continues to bring people to visits that shouldn't be there, only contacts me or responds when its convienent for her. She has failed to do 2 video visits we-ve had scheduled...the list really goes on. My heart hurts for their siblings, but my husband really feels that after our adoption next week we should cease contact except for updates via email. Currently the siblings have not seen eachother since December of last year due to aunt. Our 2 and 3 year old sons struggle after visits with big behaviors. It look them a month to get back to normal after our last visit.
I'd really love to hear others thoughts and experiences on this.