Advertisements
Advertisements
Hi .. new here. I am anxiously searching for support.
My sister (and her boyfriend) lost parental rights to my nephew. He is in foster care n Philadelphia. The foster parents want to adopt him. They are in their late 60s and the husband is on dialysis. Neither work and use foster care as a means of income. There are multiple foster kids in the home. I am 49, in management position (RN) and work from home. I make a decent living. Since the Philadelphia foster care system is manage by several contract agencies, the communication and continuity with case workers is nonexistent. I know the Philadelphia "system" went by the path of least resistance and decided to accept the foster parents as a permanent option. I have emails as proof of my attempts to get information on my nephew (I live about 1 hour outside of Philadelphia).
What are my chances of getting my nephew? I can't sleep at night thinking about him. I filed a Petition to Adopt pro se last week and was notified that the City of Philadelphia is representing foster mom. I have all my clearances.
If anyone has a similar situation, please share about it. I would love to hear your experience.