Advertisements
Advertisements
Has anyone had a bio win a 388 hearing? Our babylove has been with us since we brought him home form the hospital at birth. He had meth and THC in his system as well as domestic violence between bio mom and bio dad during pregnancy. Bio mom was refused services at dispo and dad was granted services . Fast forward babylove is now two years old and bio dad has been out of the picture for the past year and is not contesting TPR. Bio mom has been coming to her court ordered, one hour, once a month visits. She has filed a 388 appeal and babyloves attorney says she has a strong case as she has been privately drug testing clean over a year and now has custody of her older child. She rarely tested clean for visits or showed up prior to becoming pregnant again. We have been told by state adoptions and our SEVEN ever changing social workers that there would be no way TPR would not be granted. Now we have the newest worker right before the 388 hearing and they are very unfamiliar with our case. I'm terrified they will not adequately represent our case or the bond we have with babylove. He has never even been away from us overnight once in his entire life. How often do bios win the 388? Would becoming DeFacto parents this late even benefit us? We have been told the court date was pushed out to give bio mom time to deliver new baby... will the fact she is having a new child help her case? This is our child I'm terrified we will loose him. Yes I know as foster parents we sign up to reunify and I have advocated and fought and worked towards that with other placements with success . With babylove I know if he goes back he will suffer tremendously so I cannot support RU in this case.
Last update on January 29, 5:28 pm by Christa Gibson.
Honestly, nothing is certain until the judge bangs his or her gavel. Sorry I don’t have better news.
Advertisements