Advertisements
Advertisements
With a heavy heart, this is something I am researching. I have a child that's been with me for 4+ years. The minute I met them, I knew they would be my child.
Here we are 4+ years later:
6 stints outpatient
1 residential treatment center
1 acute inpatient stay
10+ school suspensions
1 school expulsion
We have tried SO SO SO hard for this child. Therapists, psychiatrists, using community resources. If it exists in my area, I have went down that route. I love my child, to the bottom of my soul. My life has revolved around them since the placement within our home.
I am at the point now where I am scared of legal action. They destroyed my personal property a few times, over the past couple months. Thousands of dollars in damages. Threatened my fiance with weapons, just this past weekend. My child is a teenager now, so it's getting worse rather than better.
Dissolution is absolutely my last resort. They are my child. Through and through. I absolutely know they love me, nothing will ever convince me otherwise.
Has anyone been through this? It will shatter my heart if this is a route I have to go down. My fiance deserves to be a parent and who desperately wants to adopt through foster care, too. My fiance said to me today, "You deserve to have a happy family." That resonated to my core. I never had that as a child and I don't have that now. I am in an abusive relationship with my child.
We are in WV, so I would LOVE suggestions for resources in my state, if you have any.
Ka De, have you ever researched something called RAD, an acronym for Reactive Attachment Disorder? This sounds exactly what your child has. There are groups on Facebook for parents of RAD kids. I believe you could get some valuable insight from joining.
With a heavy heart, this is something I am researching. I have a child that's been with me for 4+ years. The minute I met them, I knew they would be my child.
Here we are 4+ years later:
6 stints outpatient
1 residential treatment center
1 acute inpatient stay
10+ school suspensions
1 school expulsion
We have tried SO SO SO hard for this child. Therapists, psychiatrists, using community resources. If it exists in my area, I have went down that route. I love my child, to the bottom of my soul. My life has revolved around them since the placement within our home.
I am at the point now where I am scared of legal action. They destroyed my personal property a few times, over the past couple months. Thousands of dollars in damages. Threatened my fiance with weapons, just this past weekend. My child is a teenager now, so it's getting worse rather than better.
Dissolution is absolutely my last resort. They are my child. Through and through. I absolutely know they love me, nothing will ever convince me otherwise.
Has anyone been through this? It will shatter my heart if this is a route I have to go down. My fiance deserves to be a parent and who desperately wants to adopt through foster care, too. My fiance said to me today, "You deserve to have a happy family." That resonated to my core. I never had that as a child and I don't have that now. I am in an abusive relationship with my child.
We are in WV, so I would LOVE suggestions for resources in my state, if you have any.
[/quote]
Last update on January 5, 11:56 pm by TM WI.
Advertisements