Advertisements
Advertisements
Hello everyone,
I recently encountered a significant challenge in my adoption journey and am seeking advice or insights from this supportive community. I am in the process of adopting my cousin from Uganda, who is a total orphan. USCIS approved my I-600A back in 2022; however, I am currently facing resistance from Ugandan judges in approving his adoption.
Complicating matters, my cousin will turn 18 on April 1st, and my adoption agency is suggesting I withdraw my I-600A from USCIS. This has left me feeling abandoned and desperate, especially considering I've invested all my resources into this adoption. On a positive note, the judge who initially denied the case is now willing to review it.
Being an adoptee myself, this journey holds immense personal significance for me, and I am determined to find a solution for my cousin, who sees me as his only hope. If anyone has faced a similar situation or has insights on how long an I-600A can stay open or guidance on navigating adoption challenges in Uganda, I would greatly appreciate your advice.
Thank you for being a supportive community, and I look forward to any suggestions or assurance you can provide.