Advertisements
Advertisements
Originally Posted By Bill
My wife and I were scammed by a lady in the Atlanta area in the spring of 2000. I feel like its my personal mission to get the word out on this lady who claimed to be a Christian and claimed to be working in prison ministry helping arrange adoptions for women in prison. Her name is Cheryl Kinney and she supposedly lives in Dacula, Georgia. She strung my wife and I along (as well as another couple) for about 2 months with the promise of a baby that was to be born in March. ItҒs a very complicated story but it ended up falling apart when we caught her in several lies and checked up on some of the inconsistencies that we found in her stories. She operates under the private agency name Legacy Lighthouse. If anyone is contacted by this lady dont believe a word she tells you. Better yet, contact me by email. The state of Georgia is currently investigating her and trying to get this scam shut down.
Advertisements
Originally Posted By francis
Dear Bill:
My wife and I were strung along for 6 months. This girl was from Norfolk VA. To us she was known to us as Ashley. She has many different alias. She has a baby every month. She ends it by telling the adoptive parents that she lost the baby. Give me a description of this piece of garbage.
Are you sure it wasn't her daughter?
Archive
My wife and I were scammed by a lady in the Atlanta area in the spring of 2000. I feel like its my personal mission to get the word out on this lady who claimed to be a Christian and claimed to be working in prison ministry helping arrange adoptions for women in prison. Her name is Cheryl Kinney and she supposedly lives in Dacula, Georgia. She strung my wife and I along (as well as another couple) for about 2 months with the promise of a baby that was to be born in March. ItҒs a very complicated story but it ended up falling apart when we caught her in several lies and checked up on some of the inconsistencies that we found in her stories. She operates under the private agency name Legacy Lighthouse. If anyone is contacted by this lady dont believe a word she tells you. Better yet, contact me by email. The state of Georgia is currently investigating her and trying to get this scam shut down.
Advertisements
We have been in contact with a Cheryl Kinney who lives somewhere north of Atlanta and who says she is a Christian. She says her daughter is going to have a child and that she is going to put the child up for adoption. We did a google search on Cheryl Kinney in Georgia and found this post. Please advise. Please let us know if you have more information. This whole process is difficult enough already. Thank you!
Archive
My wife and I were scammed by a lady in the Atlanta area in the spring of 2000. I feel like it’s my personal mission to get the word out on this lady who claimed to be a Christian and claimed to be working in prison ministry helping arrange adoptions for women in prison. Her name is Cheryl Kinney and she supposedly lives in Dacula, Georgia. She strung my wife and I along (as well as another couple) for about 2 months with the promise of a baby that was to be born in March. It’s a very complicated story but it ended up falling apart when we caught her in several lies and checked up on some of the inconsistencies that we found in her stories. She operates under the private agency name Legacy Lighthouse. If anyone is contacted by this lady don’t believe a word she tells you. Better yet, contact me by email. The state of Georgia is currently investigating her and trying to get this scam shut down.
We are in contact with who we believe is the same person. Please provide us with more information!
Scammer Alert. She claims she is from Athens Georgia. She contacted us via instagram. Uses the phone numbers (678)227-3527 (770) 299-4396. She is an emotional scammer and never asked us for money, but had me talking on the phone for hours a day. When talking to her on the phone it is obvious that she has mental illness. She claims to have 31 week baby girl in the NICU. She stole pictures from a facebook page. Chris N Ashley King. She even uses their names. Named the fake baby Mackenzie. The pictures she sent us were dated a year old on this facebook page. We started getting suspicious when we never facetimed like she promised, never talked to Chris and never heard from the doctor or social worker who were suposedly working with her in the hospital. Called the NICU at the hospital and I was told there wasn't a baby or parents by that name. We totally fell for it for a few days and we are seasoned veterans and I am a NICU nurse. She was really good. Even bought plane tickets.
Advertisements
Wow!! I got a call from the 678 # yesterday (also via IG) so I Googled the # and this post came up. Sorry this happened to you!
She says she’s from Georgia and her name is Alyssa and her bf is Josh. She sent pictures but they were grainy. She’s due April 10th I believe. She was really intent on talking over the phone, and when she called it seemed okay at first, but then I started to get a weird vibe.
Scammer Alert. She claims she is from Athens Georgia. She contacted us via instagram. Uses the phone numbers (678)227-3527 (770) 299-4396. She is an emotional scammer and never asked us for money, but had me talking on the phone for hours a day. When talking to her on the phone it is obvious that she has mental illness. She claims to have 31 week baby girl in the NICU. She stole pictures from a facebook page. Chris N Ashley King. She even uses their names. Named the fake baby Mackenzie. The pictures she sent us were dated a year old on this facebook page. We started getting suspicious when we never facetimed like she promised, never talked to Chris and never heard from the doctor or social worker who were suposedly working with her in the hospital. Called the NICU at the hospital and I was told there wasn't a baby or parents by that name. We totally fell for it for a few days and we are seasoned veterans and I am a NICU nurse. She was really good. Even bought plane tickets.
I think this same person contacted us yesterday late afternoon. Same due date. Same bf name. Any chance she told you she was being induced next Saturday? What username did she use to contact you?
Wow!! I got a call from the 678 # yesterday (also via IG) so I Googled the # and this post came up. Sorry this happened to you!
She says she’s from Georgia and her name is Alyssa and her bf is Josh. She sent pictures but they were grainy. She’s due April 10th I believe. She was really intent on talking over the phone, and when she called it seemed okay at first, but then I started to get a weird vibe.
She said she was being induced 4/10. Her IG was juat_another_girl
I think this same person contacted us yesterday late afternoon. Same due date. Same bf name. Any chance she told you she was being induced next Saturday? What username did she use to contact you?
Yep. Same IG name. I'm so sick of being scammed and having to play along just in case it's the real deal. I was also contacted by "Ashley and Chris" who were mentioned earlier in the thread.
1 Liked
 likes this.
Advertisements
same here.... she contacted a friend who just matched so she shared her info to me. Name is Alyssa, had pictures (different from above, but probably stolen) due Friday. She is 16, boyfriend is 18. :/ Beware. So glad I googled!!!!!
1 Liked
 likes this.
I just got a text from "josh and alyssa" says she's due 4/10, sent me several photos, but when I questioned her saying she was 41 weeks she said "oh I meant 40" but that would still mean her due date isn't a week away, lol. She said yes to talking on the phone but I'd been getting scam vibes. Thanks everyone for posting!