Advertisements
Advertisements
Hi everyone. We just learned we travel to India on March 14 (or close) and are tyring to book our tickets. Does anyone have any agenies and/or airlines they especially recommend or any that we should avoid? We're already looking into the Northwest and British Airways adoption fares, and have some agency names from our adoption agency, but are looking for as many points of view as possible. Thanks!
Hi- I know it's strange to reply to one's own post, but just wanted to let you know we found help on iChild and with the agencies recommended by our adoption agency, and we're all set to go pick up our daughters March 14! Thanks anyway!
ps FYI, the adoption fares on NW and BA didn't work out all that great in our case...
Advertisements
hi
what part of india did you adopt from?I adopted a 7 yr old daughter from India she has been home almost 4 months now and she is gourgous.We are now working on bringing home our 3 yr old son from India.I got a lot of travel agencies from our agency.We went with one with really big recommendations.The travel agent was from india so he knew everything well.As a matter of fact we are using him again when its time to get our son.
We are adopting sisters, Sapna, 6, and Sampa, 3, from New Delhi.
We ended up with Azumano travel for the airfare and Services International, an agency in India for the hotel and car transfer. Both have been fantastic!
CONGRATs!!!!!My children are both from Bombay.Our travel agency was wonderful everything was set up round trip ticket for hubby one way for daughter.the hotel and cab.It was very nice and made my husbands trip really good.Your children are close in ages to our children.My children are not siblings though.Our daughter is 7 years old and home 4 months.Our son is 3 years old and we are waiting on homestudy at this point.Congrats again!!!India children are sooo beautiful.
I checked with British Airways and other airlines and their fares are just outrageous even though they claim that they give discount for adoptive families. Can you give me the name of the agency and telephone number of the agency that you used to get your tickets to Delhi. I will be traveling to Ashraya in Bangalore soon to pick up our 2 year old sweet heart. Waiting for your reply. Thank you.
Advertisements
Hi. More than happy to help. I was appalled at the so-called adoption specials certain airlines claim to have! What's really ironic is that we're flying Northwest/KLM all the same, but for less than half what they quoted. The travel agent we used for the air tickets is Erle d'Penha at Azumano Travel. He is fantastic- works his hardest to accomodate you on your dates and can get your child's 1-way ticket MUCH cheaper than most, because he works with a consolidator in India. He can be reached at 1-800-454-4099 FAX 360-253-9664, e-mail edpenha@azumano.com, website [url]www.azumano.com[/url]
For the hotel and airport transfer, we used Services International who are actually based in India, also very good. They can arrange in-India air or train travel too, I think. They can be reacehd at Tel 91-11-25782636/42/44, 25751550/51
EMail-services@giasdl01.vsnl.net.in
Web-http://www.indiatravelinfo.com & [url]www.india-travel.com[/url]
Finally, another agency that worked hard for us and seemed competitive was Skypass Travel- we worked with someone named Willie. The reason we went with Azumano was that it was a lower fare for the girls and better able to accomodate our travel dates- tickets from Delhi back to Amsterdam were apparently a hot commodity on our date!
Well, that might be more than you ever wanted to know, but I remember wishing I had a better picture of things when we were arranging our trip, so I can only hope this helps you.
Peace
Laura
Thank you so much for your prompt/valuable information. I am sure I will benefit from it when I am ready to travel.
I agree it was actually cheaper just to go through the airline instead of the so called reduced adoption airfare.We ended up using a travel agency through our adoption agency and the tickets were way less then we excpected.Vicro congrats on your little one.
Originally posted by ll_bay
We are adopting sisters, Sapna, 6, and Sampa, 3, from New Delhi.
We ended up with Azumano travel for the airfare and Services International, an agency in India for the hotel and car transfer. Both have been fantastic!
I did book my tickets through Azumano and Erle has been excellent in giving us the correct information and guidance. Thank you. We got a fairly inexpensive ticket for that time of the year (summer). Thanks for responding to my request.
Advertisements