Advertisements
Advertisements
Originally Posted By marie
I am trying to find information regarding parent initiated adoptions from Portugal. I have been searching, without any luck,for information regarding portuguese adoptions. My husband is of Portuguese heritage ( he was born in the Azores and has lived in the US since he has been 4 yrs old). Please provide any information that you can. Thank you & god bless.
Marie
My name is Ana cristina almeida e silva born 9-5-1965 Adopted name is (Ethridge). My birth mothers name is Maria jose almeida silva, fathers name is unknown,. i was born Sant justa Portugal. My adopted parents came over to portugal on vacation and also to adopt a child, they put in ad in the paper for a boy or girl. My mother Maria replied to the ad, she left me with this american family. Later she and some man claiming to be my father came back to ask for some more money. She lived in Lisbon as a gypsy. I was later told that she had 9 children. i have searching for them for years. The problem is that i live in the USA and its hard to get information from Portugal. I hope someone knows of this situation and could please help me find my brothers and sisters. Please email me at anacalvalleydevelopment@yahoo.com Thanks Ana
Advertisements
hi, looking for my aunt-we think her name is Jenni-her adopted dad might be johhny?? well she was born in terceira, acores, given away to military couple after 2-3 days old. her bio dad is joao machado brum she contacted portugal and said she is a nurse in usa?? well if anyone knows please contact me, i will post pics when i get them. pitluv4@hotmail.com
her bio mom is fatima serena or faima serena
I am 35 years old and was adopted at birth by the Spears family in 1976 from Teceria Island. The birth mothers name I believe was Maria Simmoes? And the given name she gave to me was Paula Odete Rocha Simmoes? Maria was my US Air Force families maid as they were stationed there. Maria became pregnant and asked my Mom and Dad who were unable to have children if they wanted me and of course they did. My Father died when I was 9 yrs old and the same year my Mom got a phone call that Maria had another child (girl) and was also given up to another American Family. I would love to find my birth family!! I have prayed the Lord would reunite us:)
?? hmm, i was adopted from teceria island in 1976 the birth mother was named maria simmoes? and the given name that she gave to me was paula odete rocha simmoes? i was adopted from birth..maria was my parents maid and my dad was stationed at the air force base there. i also have a sister or brother who was also adopted to another american family but i have never met any of my birth family and would like to:)
Advertisements
i hope im doing this right. I was born in terciera in march 1963. My father was an officer stationed at Lajes, my mother was a native. He provided her with base housing till he had to leave I dont even know if he knows about me. The people who adopted me, my father taught school on the base and played softball with my bio dad, all I know is his nickname is Tex. I believe my mothers name is deanna. I wasnt born in hospital, I dont have any info, My adoption took place in Phx AZ. I received my citizenship when I was 5. I can have the adoption records opened but Im trying this way first. Any info would be greatly appreciated. I'm a mother of four and I'm just curious. My adoptive parents arent giving me much information. I think theres a few unanswered questions. :flower:
tebra
i hope im doing this right. I was born in terciera in march 1963. My father was an officer stationed at Lajes, my mother was a native. He provided her with base housing till he had to leave I dont even know if he knows about me. The people who adopted me, my father taught school on the base and played softball with my bio dad, all I know is his nickname is Tex. I believe my mothers name is deanna. I wasnt born in hospital, I dont have any info, My adoption took place in Phx AZ. I received my citizenship when I was 5. I can have the adoption records opened but Im trying this way first. Any info would be greatly appreciated. I'm a mother of four and I'm just curious. My adoptive parents arent giving me much information. I think theres a few unanswered questions. :flower:
Hi my E-MAIL is jorgelau182@comcast.net
we could be brothers?
I was adopted by an American military family from Lages Air Force Base, in 1960. My birthmother was their "domestic" that worked for them while they were stationed in Angra Do Herimso, on Teceira. I have no actual information as to why I was adopted, let alone any info on my family. I just have my papers that came with me when the family came stateside. I have asked for info about my adoption, but no one in the adoptive family will tell me anything. I am told to let it drop and then they choose to ignore my requests for info. My adoptive parents have been dead for 30 years now and I still have no information. I have lived my life not knowing why my mother didn't want me, and finding out that every story my adoptive mother told me was a lie. If you would be able to give me some ideas on how to find my birth family, I'd really appreciate it. Please email my wife at blissfulbutterfly1972@yahoo.com or email me here.
Thank you for any ideas you may have that could help!
Chris
Do you by chance know if the rest of the family name? Granted Maria is a very common name, but my birth mother was also a Maria that worked as a maid for an air force family. I'm hoping to find some info somehow, some where..
Advertisements
Jassonah
Hi, My name is Sandra and I am currently going thru the same thing as Maria, I was born in Azores, Porugal also, when I was 4 yrs old I was adopted and brought to the USA when I was 5. I am in search for my sister and brother. I would also like to me some other family members as well. I really don't know how and where to start looking. I am 26 years old now and I'm not getting any younger, I would like to find my family as soon as possible. Someone please help me!:confused: :confused:
I can help contact me at tdubu2001@yahoo.com. I know a man on the island that has helped several people including myself. As a matter of fact, a mother and son are reuniting today that we helped.
Terceira
Adopted from Portugal is a facebook page for us!! Come on over! THere is a guy who can help us to locate our birth families!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! God bless each of us as we try to locate them. Much love
Tanya Nagele
Advertisements
I disagree with you! We being from the USA, can basically adopt from where ever we desire. Children from the Azores have been adopted into the USA for decades...I am one of them:)
Hello all
my name is Tony
iam from the azores born and raised and came to boston when i was 10
i would love to see everyone that was adopted from the azores find their families
i have been looking for ways to help and i would say this its a very small place so there is a great chance
yo uwill find your family.
there is a a great man in Terceira Azores help people his name is Paulo Ormonde he created a facebook page
for this same reason to reunite families.
Paul helps for free on his spare time if you are still looking reach out to him he speaks english
and if any translation is needed please reach out to me and i will help.
here is a link to his facebook page.