Advertisements
Advertisements
My mother wanted to name her children the following....
Luke
Greg
Jessica
Peg
unfortunately, the last name was Clegg
As if I wasn't teased enough, imagine being named Peg Clegg...I almost was!
Also, I have actually met .....
Dusty Rhodes
Birdie May Hatch
Nelladet (after her father...backwards)
Bob Smallwood
Aileen Marsh (nicknamed Alien Martian)
:D
Anybody else ....?
Went to a wedding this past weekend. The maid of honor's name was ....
WINTER BUCK
Yes I do live in hunting country ... but really????
Advertisements
At our local hospital there is a doctor named Dr. D!ck. His wife is named Anita. Anita D!ck.
I would have kept my maiden name :) .
Advertisements
My husband wanted to name our first daughtor "Cinderella" Hah that was not going to happen,,,, over my dead body,,, we named her Alexandria. The doctor that delivered her was named "Dr. Clinch" Great for an obgyn.
I also have to add,,,, that this thread has had me rolling thanks for the laugh,, I needed it this week, andi
that she adopted 5 yrs ago is named Angeline Edith. She just recently got married to a guy with the last name of ****. I am not kidding! My cousin told us this at a baby shower and we all just rolled! I heard that she dropped her middle name which is a shame because she was named after her Grandma. I certainly can't blame her. This is my first visit to this forum. What a great thread. ~Diane
OOPS! I guess this is a little bad I didn't put the name all together so that it wouldn't be too obvious. The name is the nick name of Richard. Wow maybe I shouldn't have posted this. My apologies if I offend anyone. ~diane
Advertisements
I posted my reply just after reading the first page. After reading a few more posts I have come to the conclusion that some of ya'all are just about as naughty as me! :)
When I was in the hospital with my 2nd child, a nurse came in to tell me she was glad I had used a "normal" spelling. She went on to say a woman who had just been discharged had a son and named him "Syphilis"... pronounced "Si-phallus" (because emphasising PHALLUS makes being named after an STD soooo much better!). Poor kid! So last week I was discussing baby names with a nurse at my OB's and mentioned the "Syphilis" thing. She said, "Oh, once there was a woman who had twins and named them Syphilis and Gonorrhea because she saw it on a pamphlet in the waiting room and thought those names sounded pretty." I hope SOMEONE told her what those names meant before she commited to them on the birth certificates!
My Mom always talked about a boy in her class named "Peter Super", who on charts was "Super, Peter"...hilarious for that decade! And a brother sister team with the last name "Trees". She was none other than "Mary Christmas Trees" and her brother was "Douglas Fir Trees".
I went to school with a guy named Stormy, have met a girl named Thunder, and my friend's family has a wild collection including "Refurred" (sorta like the refried beans) and Grigsby. She knows a girl named "Feather Lightfoot" too (which I actually think is pretty and feminine).
There is an eye doctor in my area who advertises in the Yellow Pages and his name is Harold Ballitch. The 1st time I saw one of his "eye charts" with his name on it, I thought it was a joke...but it is NO JOKE. The only thing that could possibly make it more humiliating is if he were a proctologist or urologist.
Hmmm...I probably know a couple strange names...I'll have to give it more thought. The one that came immediately to mind was my ex DP's ob/gyn's name was Dr. Fingerhood. Swear to God!!!!!!!!!!!
Advertisements
I know this thread is old, but I just came across it...
...a few weeks ago I aws in the hospital for knee surgery, and 2 of my main doctors were Dr. Grey and Dr. Addison.
"Grey's Anatomy" fans, anyone?? :)