Advertisements
Advertisements
Originally Posted By Nathan
Has anyone seen anything every put together on an adoption baby shower?
Originally Posted By Karen
We had a wonderful adoption baby/birthmother shower. The event was at a breakfast dinner with lots of pastries. Every guest was asked to bring a baby shower gift and a pampering gift for the birthmother.
It was so much fun to have everyone meet the birthmother and see what a wonderful person gave us such a wonderful gift. And the birthmother loved getting things to pamper herself with after the baby was born. The pampering gifts included everything from bath and body items to memory boxes and journals. It was a special day for all.
Advertisements
Originally Posted By Sindy
Great idea! I'm glad it worked out so positively for you! Helping the birthmother through that was a wonderful idea! Thank you for sharing!
Originally Posted By Tricia
Yes -- I certainly have! Someone at work adopted a beautiful baby girl. We waited until everything was finalized and gave her a baby shower. It was just like any other baby shower. She brought the baby along so we all could see her. It was wonderful!!!!!
Originally Posted By Laura
They threw a shower for my Mom & me both our names were on the invite & I was at the shower.
Advertisements
Originally Posted By Jennifer
That is a wonderful idea!! Being a birthmom here, I would have loved being a part of my daughter's welcoming into her "new" family.
I am concerned about having her come to the baby shower. I am torn between wanting to share the joy with her and the worry that is (1) too much involvement and (2) another bonding type activity that she'd regret.
Any ideas or opinions?