Advertisements
Advertisements
I am from Michigan and I was just wondering if there are any other f/a parents here i Michigan.
If so, what agency are you from. I have been with FIA for 6 years and I am now reconsidering switching to a different county.
I was just interested in hearing from any of you:rolleyes:
My hubby and I are just starting out and are with the Saginaw FIA. We do not know much yet about them. We have our first orientation on Monday May 2nd.
Advertisements
We Are Also Looking To Change Agency We Are From Lapeer,mi .any Information On Agency We Would Sure Help
Thanks
We are with Oakland Family Services in Pontiac. We finished our Pride classes in late February, got our license in late April and got a placement the same day. The folks there have been very nice.
I am attending the foster care orientation tonight at Oakland Family Services in Pontiac. I attended the adoption orientation on Tuesday. I am hoping to finish training by September. Is there anyone else with OFS?
Advertisements
I am from Michigan and my DH and I are attending classes ever Saturday in October from 9-4pm..we are in Eaton County..
IS there a way to request that you get the TPR or the plan of TPR kids?? Just curious...I know reunification is the goal so please dont think I am unaware, we are just hoping to find the 2 little boys we have always wanted. We have 3 daughters and would love to finish off our family with little boys...
I am a new foster mom in Macomb County. Through DHS. So far it has been a very positive experience. My husband and I met a lot of other nice parents and the people at the agency have been very supportive.
Hello fellow Michiganders. We are considering Macomb counties dhs, or Oakland Family Services. Feel free to PM me if a you have any info/suggestions you want to pass along.
Thank you in advance.
Hi ,
I Just Finished My Classes In Wayne County. I Am Still Trying To Find Out What Are All Services Fia Offer To The Children In Foster Care. I Know They Pay You A Supplement And The Kids Get Medicaid But Is There Anything Else The State Do To Help The Kids??????
I Asked At The Class And Was Cut Short With "a Worker Will Let You Know When You Recieve A Child" Which I Think I Should Know Before Hand Since They Can Tell Me Everything They Expect From Me!!!!!!!!
Advertisements
I am going thru DHS of Eaton Country right now but I am really LOOKING hard at Child and family services out of Lansing...we actually have a meeting with them on the 6th of Dec
Hi, I am in oakland county, I have custody of my nephew, thru macomb county. Sometimes it is very hard to get a hold of your case worker because of the overload in court apparences. If it issomething that needs to talked about not per say, I call her supervisor and she will relay the message faster then an email or leaving her a message. My worker knows I am not going over her head.. Other then that, I have had no problems.
We just completed orientation at Luthern Social Services in Ann Arbor. They work with 10 counties in southern lower Michigan. We are in Ingham but won't be working in our county. Our PRIDE classes are scheduled in Jackson for Sept. 8-9. I still wonder if 12 hrs. is sufficient training for such a serious venture!!!
If we have this many from Michigan, why not have a Michigan Forum? Does anyone know how to start a new forum for Michigan?
BTW...we have done tons of research prior to orientation and I thought their presentation was WAY to soft! They seemed to sugar-coat what they are asking these couples to do and avoided answering our specific questions. They made it more like a sales pitch for leasing a car! They even showed a very cheesy video that certainly did NOT portray the nitty-gritty in an open and honest way! We are full steam ahead but it left me to wonder if the other couples really have any idea what they are getting themselves into!
Advertisements
My DH and I have been working with an agency in SE Mchigan to adopt children from the foster care system. We are now in the process of getting licensed as foster parents. The last interview should take place today. The report is almost done and the SW said that she would submit it on Monday to her boss.
We are matched with a sid set of 2 one girl and one boy. Once the paperwork is submitted to the state we will be introduced and visit off and on till the licensing comes back. They are both beautiful children and We are over the moon with excitment. This should be the best summer we've had in a long time. Now comes the real test, being a parent...
:cheer: :clap: :eek:
We have been working with an agency for more then three years toward adoption and are finally on the way. Our kids moved in last Thursday evening, Wow was I wrong, I thought adopting older children meant I had a better chance of getting sleep then if we adopted a younger child. This is our first night where the kids are in bed before 11:30pm and I have not sat still for more then 5 minutes since they got here. I am beat but loving it. DH is usually up till 11:pm and has been asleep in his chair by 9:30pm the past 2 nights. I just got backk from chasing a monster out of a closet and closing off the portal to the monster world. You all better watch out because Michigan seems to be full of these monster portals. (Not nightmares just trying to get to stay up later):woohoo: :cowboy: :cheer: