Advertisements
Advertisements
Advertisements
I was born 5/26/79 at duncan memorial hospital (edna gladney). I've been searching and so far no luck - any idaes or are we all doing the same thing? Another question can b-mom get non-id info on us as adoptees too or can we only get it on them? Just wondering!!
Has anyone from gladney had any sucess?
Later,
Courtney:confused:
Advertisements
you can mail letters , pics, anything to gladney and they will put them in a vault if she ever come around she can claim them.call 1-888-452-3639 for gladney and ask to talk to a case worker who can guide you through the steps. not bother asking for any info though because they are very tight lipped.
Can she actually claim the stuff if she isn't registered?? It's cool regardless but I'd like to know if she can. It's a cool idea that I'd could actually send stuff and she can get it. Thanks for the info I really appreciate it!!
Later,
Courtney:D
i think she can get it without registering. i never submitted anything because she never made any attempts to contact me or the agency. in fact all i know of my birth is that she left and dissapeared after i was born, so when i found out about that a few weeks ago i lost a lot of hope. i still check my posts and all but its pretty much all in vain.
Don't say that, you never know. There could be circumstances and stuff that you don't know and may never know. Just don't lose hope cause then a peice of you dies with it. Hope is really the only thing anybody has!!!
Anyway sorry for that rambling!lol. I do appreciate your help though. See me and my brother are looking for our bfamilies.(we have different ones ya know)Were just getting started good and already it's kinda tough. There are such strong emotions involved with this. The weird thing is that I honestly didn't know that I was effected so much by the whole adoption thing. I guess it's just all new to me and I don't wanna screw nothing up. Well I gotta go.
Later,
Courtney:cool:
Advertisements
i have been searching for 6 years now and have found nothing. i guess i just got to a point where i was tired of the heartache. after finding nothin in my file , the "real" sense of abandonment set in. i know i wasnt but it still hurts. i have two little boys of my own and there is a bond there that cant be explained and i just cant understand how anything could prevent a birthmom from inquiring when the adoptee comes of age.
I'm sorry but I don't know how either.:( I know that we are all different and handle things in different ways. Maybe the unknown is so scary to her that she can't bear to search. People have an entire spectrum of feelings that push us one way or another and no one reacts the same. Life is hard and your bmom made a difficult discion in putting you up for adoption. That had to be the biggest sacrifice she had ever made. I just don't believe she doesn't care - I think it's more like what if you don't want her. You know she has been dealing with this for longer than you. I'm sure it broke her heart to go through labor to have you then hold you for a brief moment and then watch as they took you away for forever. I can't imagine what that would be like!!!!:eek:
My point is that maybe it's not that she doesn't care maybe she just doesn't know how to deal with it. Maybe she doesn't know how to look for you. Or maybe she's scared that she'll find someone who doesn't want her or is angry at her for putting them up for adoption or something like that??? Just a thought. There is just no telling. I bet that in her heart there is a place that longs for you. Probably a place that only you can fill!! I bet she has never let anyone else touch that special place in her.
I truely hope the best for you and I pray that you will find in your heart the strength to carry on in your search dispite all of the speed bumps and dead end roads!!
Later,
Courtney:cool: