Advertisements
Advertisements
Advertisements
Hello,
I too still wonder where all the foster families are here in Maine. I have been fortunate to meet a few people online. I would be nice to see many more folks here for great support. :)
is has been many years since someone last posted in this thread but i just wanted to stop by and say "hello". I am in Maine (Kennebec County) and definitely looking for other Mainers to talk to!
Hi blessings,
I am in southern Maine but not a foster parent. My friend is in Kennebec county and is a foster parent. Feel free to message me. Maybe my friend would be interested in speaking with you.
Advertisements
Hi there, I live in Kennebec county and am just starting on the road to get my foster care license. I can't wait. I have my first meeting next week!
caitriamorrigan
Hi there, I live in Kennebec county and am just starting on the road to get my foster care license. I can't wait. I have my first meeting next week!
Yay!
I wrote back to your message :)
Hey,
I tried replying to your PM but I got this notice:
"caitriamorrigan has exceeded their stored private messages quota and can not accept further messages until they clear some space."
So i'm replying to you here for the time being...hope that is ok!!
I don't mind at all, keep the questions coming :)
I don't think you will be critiqued on using cloth diapers. They want you to parent the way you would with your own children, and if that's what you prefer to use then who is to stay it's wrong. Ron is a really sweet older gentleman. He may be able to provide an answer to whether there are any regulations surrounding that. I'm not sure. You do get a 99c diaper stipend per day towards diapers which i'm sure you would still receive even if using cloth ones.
Hey,
I tried replying to your PM but I got this notice:
"caitriamorrigan has exceeded their stored private messages quota and can not accept further messages until they clear some space."
So i'm replying to you here for the time being...hope that is ok!!
I don't mind at all, keep the questions coming :)
I don't think you will be critiqued on using cloth diapers. They want you to parent the way you would with your own children, and if that's what you prefer to use then who is to stay it's wrong. Ron is a really sweet older gentleman. He may be able to provide an answer to whether there are any regulations surrounding that. I'm not sure. You do get a 99c diaper stipend per day towards diapers which i'm sure you would still receive even if using cloth ones.
Advertisements
I'm a foster mom in Maine. I used cloth with my one foster baby; nobody cares or even asks. I would use disposables for visits, since it's not reasonable to ask parents who may not be familiar with cloth to deal with it.
Any of you feel free to pm if you want to talk to other Mainers; I'm always interested in making more contacts.
I'm a foster mom in Maine. I used cloth with my one foster baby; nobody cares or even asks. I would use disposables for visits, since it's not reasonable to ask parents who may not be familiar with cloth to deal with it.
Any of you feel free to pm if you want to talk to other Mainers; I'm always interested in making more contacts.
Fixed it, blessings_overflow!
Meeting with Ron is tomorrow. I have a feeling I'll have even MORE questions then. lol And the diaper stipend is good to know about. I wasn't sure if it was separate or included in the daily stipend.
Ruth74, it's good to know they don't care! I will definitely be using disposables for visits. You're right, it is an unreasonable request to have them deal with.
Fixed it, blessings_overflow!
Meeting with Ron is tomorrow. I have a feeling I'll have even MORE questions then. lol And the diaper stipend is good to know about. I wasn't sure if it was separate or included in the daily stipend.
Ruth74, it's good to know they don't care! I will definitely be using disposables for visits. You're right, it is an unreasonable request to have them deal with.
Advertisements
caitriamorrigan
You're right, it is an unreasonable request to have them deal with.
Not only unreasonable; I'm taking no chances on someone throwing out my nice cloth diapers - they are way too expensive! :)