Advertisements
Advertisements
Viewing Single Post
I am searching for my mothers' birth parents. She was born 2 June 1922, at St. Mary's Maternity Hospital and Infants' Asylum, Syracuse NY, birth name Margaret Seymour. Her mother listed is Laura Seymour with no father listed. My mother searched for numerous years for her birth parents and was denied access to those records. My mother is now deceased from an ailment that I believe is afflicting myself, brothers and sisters. I would like to find this information, not for only my mothers memory, but for family medical reasons also. Thank you in advance for any information received.
Hi Cat,
I noticed that your mother's birth record states her name as Maura M. Seymour. You can obtain her birth certificate if you haven't already by writing to the state and sending $20 asking for certificate number 49487.
I was also able to find a Laura Seymour who does fit the right age group and was never listed with a daughter Margaret or Maura. The problem with this Laura is that she was married to a Seymour, maiden name having been McClure. Laura McClure married Willard Seymour. This Laura was born in 1888 and died in 1961. In 1919 Laura and Willard lost a child, so they were still having children around the time your mother was born in 1922. Their graves can be found here: Her picture is attached in case you wanted to see that prior. I do not know if this is your Laura Seymour, but she does check all of the boxes.
Passport photo of Mr and Mrs Willard Seymour attached.
Hope this helps!
. In 1923 Laura (Mrs. W. W. Seymour) was looking for someone to help with housework in their house, maybe there were health issues at play.