Advertisements
Advertisements
In my situation - the adoptive parents were quite opportunistic. Rather than show support for a young, single mother (me) they manipulated the situation and took advantage because they knew this was their best chance to receive a child. I would never want my son to know this - (he will be turning 18 soon and I plan on making contact and establishing a relationship with him). Maybe when he is older and we have a strong relationship he can know the "whole truth" but in the meantime, how do I answer questions when I can't tell him the story? And - I guess my fear - what if he says he wants nothing to do with me because I gave him up or something - how do I answer that is not true without making him question the people who have raised him? And how do I stomach these people (who I am related to) if he wants them to be present with me. And won't he notice that we are not just strangers and start to wonder why he was never told he is still related to his birthmom. I feel like the burden of this is all on me when they were opportunistic in the first place. Any thoughts are appreciated.