Advertisements
Advertisements
Well I was out having dinner with my sons since dh had to work late last night. We are sitting at a table and a comment was asked....are you his grandmother. He was looking at my youngest son. So okay I am an older mom who has a bio son older and my youngest son is adopted(7 and 3). It really took me by surprise. My response was they are both my sons.
I guess I wonder if there was a better response?
How about just "Actually, they are both my sons, but thank you for asking. Most people mistake me for thier sister, and I just hate that!"
Advertisements
Their grandmother???? Heavens no, I won't be a grandmother for another 30 years if I'm lucky. (that's if you are only with the little ones)
Grandmother??? No way, I'm their mother, (wink smile :-) must be something in the water. (If you're with all your kiddos)
Ms. Red and MuseMom, THANK YOU FOR MAKING MY DAY!!!! I'm going to use both of those and can't wait to watch the jaws drop, particularly because I'm not only 50'ish with 4 very young children but because my children are dark-skinned and I am a fair redhead.
LOL...I LOVE those responses! I'll have to remember those!
I too am an "seasoned" mommy. And 1 of our boys is AA and i'm CC. I often get alot of "are you grandma?" So far, all i've ever thought of was..."no, i'm his/her mommy" and leave it at that. The one I think I hate most of all is..."oh, you must run a daycare"...grrrrrr...for some reason, that just burns me up. Come on now people...the world is changing. Just because my children don't all LOOK like me, doesn't mean they aren't my children!
Thanks again for the "comebacks"
amom to 1
foster mom to 2
legal gaurdian to 7yr. grandson
Advertisements