Advertisements
Advertisements
The range of expereinces relating to adoption is as wide as the number of those who have been touched.
I believe that the world around us leads many to suffer needlessly.
This forum 'Thanks for life' is a wonderful resourse, and (I believe) different from each of the other forums on this website.
In focusing on simply being thankful for your life, it draws attention away from all of the negitive aspects that the talk shows seem to want to focus on.
Some where, 38 years ago, a woman who might have ended my life, instead choose to carry me to term and allow another family who could not have children of thier own to raise me.
What a gift. What a blessing.
I believe this view is a tonic for those who might feel abandoned, or suffer from many of the emotional issues that are found on so many of the other pages of this web site.
I like the fact that you recognise the choices involved here: the choice to choose adoption over abortion... the choice to choose to be thankful over feeling abandoned and unwanted!
Advertisements
kakuehl
I like the fact that you recognise the choices involved here: the choice to choose adoption over abortion... the choice to choose to be thankful over feeling abandoned and unwanted!
Exactly, thank you. :thanks:
In the same vein, I am thankful that D's parents were honest with him, shared the little they knew about his bparents with him accurately, loved him. I am also thankful that D has chosen to welcome me into his life.