Advertisements
Advertisements
Hi All,
Thanks for all your support. Our miracle was born last week and she's almost ours! We're still waiting out the revocation period.
We're in love with our Laila Maya!!!
Again, your support throughout our process has been amazing - thank you!!!
The revocation period ended today. She's forever our girl. Can't wait to hold her!!! :love: :love: :love:
Agree...she does have that "why am I here" look. :)
Fastaff: Any news??
Advertisements
Hey all,
We're finally home. The ICPC wait is no joke. :) Happy to be in our house with our Laila!!! Everyone thinks she's a beauty. Now the really hard part...parenting a newborn. Any advice? I've already been to the ER asking the doc if her she had diarrhea (she didn't). They were very nice to me and induldged me by looking at the poop dipe I had as evidnece.
How can I build my confidence?? :love:
LOL can I say it.. that is cute, the confidence will come, and soon you will also know Liala's evey sound, movement, and what it means. That is good that the ER folks were nice. Have you guys chosen a local peds doc as yet? usually they have an advise nurse, who takes the questions up front. On the week-ends for emergency there is a doc on call. Sometimes, the pracitce may have Saturday hours. When in doubt for fevers, and excessive diarrhea, vomiting.. and other emergent situaitons, I would call as a new parent, or go to the urgent care. You can also check and see if your Health insurance has an medical/nurse advice line..
Oh for the baby's first doc appointment, write down all of your questions, and for subsequent visits as well. Get the What to expect book: Babys First Year, it has good info that is easy to find.
Get sleep when baby is sleeping, even a 15 minutes nap is good. Do not worry about a perfect house. have the spouse help from the beginning, so everyone os comfy with the new baby. If friends ask to help, see if they can cook a few meals for you all.
Congrats again!!
Momma,
She's a cutie. Enjoy holding her close...it seems like those days are just the best...their breathing, their scent...
Congratulations and best wishes!
Debbie
Advertisements
What a beautiful baby girl! Congratulations to you; and that confidence you ask about, will, indeed, come with time. :)
Enjoy every minute. They DO grow up soo quickly....
Sincerely,
Linny
Mamatobe.....I'm so happy for you!!! Our revoacation period was up on Thurs. We get to keep Abby forever!!!! We finalize Monday morning and fly home Tues..It's funny we left home as husband and wife and now we return as mommy and daddy...life is good don't ya think??
Enjoy your new life, congratulations!!!
mamatobe2008,
Your daughter is beautiful. Congratulations! The only advice I have is keep track of when you feed her and how much you feed her in a notebook. After a few feedings it all becomes a blur and you forget what time you fed her last...at least that's what happened to me. My girlfriend suggested I keep track so that when the pediatrician asks how much our son is drinking in a 24 hour period I won't have to guess.
Where is the baby's pic?
Congrats to you too Fastaff, on ending the ICPC time period, you get to finalize as well too? wow!
Advertisements
How is everyone finalizing so quickly? (As indicated by the ours forever statements) For us TPRs had to be signed off on by a judge, then home visits, then we could petition for finalization after 6 months. After that she was ours forever. How are you guys getting through the process so much faster?
For us, we traveled to Arkansas, we can finalize after the 10 day revoke period. We go to court in the morning. Yipee!!!! Yeah, their time frmaes are way shorter, we didn't know this beforehand....
fastaff
For us, we traveled to Arkansas, we can finalize after the 10 day revoke period. We go to court in the morning. Yipee!!!! Yeah, their time frmaes are way shorter, we didn't know this beforehand....
There is no post placement supervision? Wow!
Advertisements
Thanks for the advice, helpful!!
We'll finalize in 2.5 months.
1st of 3 post placement visits next week.
Waiting to serve first dad with termination.
Should write, "Almost our forever girl" :love:
Congrats again...Our ICPC went smoothly, we went to court on Monday, this really isn't finalization but we go to court and get the adoption papers done so that we can finalize in our own State without having to return home...it sure feels good to have her home!!!