Advertisements
Advertisements
Did any of you fostering in Arizona need to have the consent of your landlord as part of your Homestudy?
I remember that being a requirement in Nevada and thought I would find out about it now, so I know whether I need to ask when looking for a rental in Arizona.
I'm not in AZ but why would you need a landlord's consent? If you have a baby biologically, the landlord wouldn't consent... is this an agency requirement?
Advertisements
In Nevada it's a requirement of the Department of Children & Families, the County Agency that licenses Foster Homes.
I'll be moving to Ariziona, so I want to know if it's required there as well. If it is, I'll want it written into my rental agreement/lease, so the landlord can't change his/her mind. :)
My husband and my foster care license was just approved on Friday. We rent a home and did not have to have consent from the landlords.
12/19/08- License approved! :clap:
Waiting for placement
Advertisements
millie58
I'm not in AZ but why would you need a landlord's consent? If you have a baby biologically, the landlord wouldn't consent... is this an agency requirement?
i know...it totally seems unfair, but it is also true in CA. it just happend to some friends of mine. the landlord said no way, so they were denied a foster license, but then they got pregnant. lol. i had to laugh.
We had to get verification from our landlord of how much we pay in rent and whether the payments are current, but never permission. I don't feel that it is their business!