Advertisements
Advertisements
So today, a "friend" posted on her Facebook status that she thinks the election outcome "sucks" because, get this, "I don't think our country is ready for a black president" Honestly, I haven't talked to her in over a year other than a few e-mails here and there partly because of her racist attitudes and comments. A good example would be her constant complaining about her Middle Eastern neighbors - they are "stupid" and "smelly" simply because of their race! When she found out we were likely going to adopt a minority baby, she asked the dumbest questions and made the dumbest comments. At first, I just reliped to her status with "ummmmm, nice...." but I couldn't let it go at that. I then added, "Over 50% or our country thinks we ARE ready. Since when do we vote based on race anyway? Most of us vote based on the issues." Ugh - so done with this person!
I usually reply with something like "Wow, do you realize how ignorant that makes you sound?" Usually people don't like being called ignorant and they realize I won't tolerate those types of comments. I don't hear them anymore.
There are people that I have cut out of my life because of their racist or ignorant views.
Advertisements