Advertisements
Advertisements
We are finalizing the adoption of our first 3 in March. We have been telling them for 6 months that when we finalize we will celebrate by going to Disneyland. We are all SO excited. I love Disneyland and we have been lots and lots of time. But, it has only been 3 of us. Now, it will be 7 of us. I am having a hard time finding a hotel with a suite big enough for all of us. Does any one have any recommendations?
You might consider trying to rent a house or a three bedroom timeshare. We stayed in a two bedroom suite at the Embassy Suites in Irvine last time that would have fit that many people somewhat comfortably. It was about a 20 minute drive to Disney.
Advertisements
We usually book through Get Away Today. You can google it and they offer many hotel packages. We usually go thru them because they offer suites. We to are a family of seven...hotels are hard to find.
Happy123
When we went we booked online at the Disney website and we got a really good deal; we stayed at a neighbor hotel that provided the shuttle to and from the park. No suggestions; have a great time!!!
Candy Cane inn is nice and not too expensive. It's about a 10 minute walk to the park (it's on the same street as the gate). They have a free shuttle to the park as well. I checked this hotel out last time we were there, but I havent stayed there yet. my friend stayed there (after I recommended it) and said it was great.
Castle inn is really cheap - same distance as candy cane inn. So you can walk it easily. The rooms are older but ok - I had my doubts about using the swimming pool....lol. I'd stay there again tho, I didn't have any issue with it. We had a two bedroom room and it was only about 100 dollars per night.
My favorite hotel is the Marriot MainGate - but it's quite pricey!We stayed in their largest room, but there smaller rooms might be more economical. We stayed there the first time we went with ds because it was SOOOO family friendly and the rooms had a great layout. We were with my parents, so it was nice to have the loft upstairs with my parents, our bedroom on the mainfloor and having a kitchen and living room was so nice. Breakfast was provided every morning, and most days an afternoon snack/lunch was provided. They had a family game area and a toddler pool (as well as the main pool and a couple hot tubs)
The Howard Johnson's is really nice and within walking distance (8 minutes from hotel to being at the ticket gate).
You can get adjoining rooms, and if you have an Entertainment book depending on the dates of your visit you can get the rooms at a really good rate.
We're going in about a week and I got the room for $59/night. They usually go for $109/night. Also there is a Mimi's Cafe and a Mc Donalds right across the street.
Advertisements
Also, a new center called Garden Walk recently opened up just east of the park on Katella with several restaurants: Bubba Gump Shrimp Co., Roy's, California Pizza Kitchen, Cheesecake Factory, PF Chang, etc. Of course, there's dining in Downtown Disney too, but the lines are long and the restaurants are noisy and overpriced, imho. :)
If you're going soon, do you have a local who can get you 2fer tickets (1 day in each park, for the price of 1)? Or are you going for more days than that? Just checking. :)
Thanks everyone. We are going in March. We do have family down there, but are going for 3 days. But right now every one pays kids price so a 3 day hopper is $150. Which seems like a great deal until I realize that the total is $900 for all of us. I did find some stuff on getawaytoday - thanks happy 123. Leigh - I have seen the Candy Cane Inn while we were there, we might try that one. They do have decent deals.
pweatle - I am not sure about the shuttles, but I assume that they have to be handicap accessible. I think all sort of public transportation has to be.
Advertisements
Pat, Most of them are not actual wheel chair accessible. If you truely have no choice but to get an actual person in a wheel chair while still in the wheelchair onto the shuttle, you would not want to use that method of transportation. But wheelchair parking at the park is awesome and gets you way closer than the hotel shuttles anyway. If you are going, PM me and I will give you all the good wheel chair tips.