Advertisements
Advertisements
Hi,
I am just starting out on this journey, but I really need some advice! I would love to hear from some people who are in the process, or have completed the process, of adopting from Bulgaria. Please PM me about your experience with your agency (wait time, cost, etc.). Thank you! I really appreciate it! This is a huge decision and I want to make sure I research all of the options.
Do make sure you research everything carefully.
I wouldn't expect to hear anything from anyone who completed recently, only 5 adoptions completed in year 2008 and only 20 in 2007 according to our government website. That would certainly be something I'd be concerned about when speaking with an agency at interview.
Good Luck on your journey!
Advertisements
Very true about the few adoptions completed in the past two years... the Ministry of justice is hitting the dossiers from 9/05... from what I have read and heard there are very few dossiers from 06 and 07... so looks like things should pick up soon.
Kelly, I took a look at your blog... Your sons are beautiful! Nicco is a doll!! I have to ask you... where did you find colored sand??!! I have never seen it in large quanities... only small bags at the crafts store.
Yvonne
Yvonne,
Thank you for the compliment!
We got the sand at Walmart, they make a huge variety of colors, a little pricey for play sand, ($6.00 a smalll bag) but it looks cool and the kids love it! I think it took about 5 bags.
daygoose,
I thought I left you a link to the government site with information, but I guess I did not. It may be of some help.
[url=http://adoption.state.gov/country/bulgaria.html]Country Specific Information for bulgaria.htm[/url]
Good Luck!
Kelly,
Thanks, I have to make a trip to Walmart today... I"ll look for it!! Are you adopting from Bulgaria as well?
Yvonne
Kelly,
Thanks, I have to make a trip to Walmart today... I"ll look for it!! Are you adopting from Bulgaria as well?
Yvonne
Yvonne,
No, we have looked at several countries. International seems to be getting more & more difficult. We were lucky to complete Guatemala with no problems. Do you know why Bulgaria does so few adoptions per year? 5 is terribly low.
Advertisements
cborsa7
Yvonne,
No, we have looked at several countries. International seems to be getting more & more difficult. We were lucky to complete Guatemala with no problems. Do you know why Bulgaria does so few adoptions per year? 5 is terribly low.
From what I've heard, the former Minister of Justice was not too motivated to find homes for the children in Bulgaria's orphanages. The new MOJ apparently lived in an orphanage as a child and has really focused more on finding families for the children. Bulgaria is going through all the backlogged dossiers (many families that are registered are no longer interested in pursuing adoption in Bulgaria) and the process is expected to pick up. Bulgaria is especially looking for homes for their older (4+) and special needs children.
Also, most children adopted from Bulgaria go to Greece, Italy and France. In 2006, when they had stopped most adoptions, they placed 100 children.
From what I've heard, the former Minister of Justice was not too motivated to find homes for the children in Bulgaria's orphanages.
Thanks for the information!
How sad for these children who need a home.
Hoping those who have waited so long can be processed soon..