Advertisements
Advertisements
love the look of coiled hair, was wondering if anyone had tried doing it on their little one? I was looking online at the coiling combs. I'm guessing it's harder then it looks, but then again I just spent 2 hours today doing double strand twists with beads, could it be longer than that? Just wondering if anyone's tried it, if so what the upkeep is for it and how long the coils last.
Advertisements
I've done it on my little guy who's just 8 mos old. He's got very thick hair that's about 3-4 inches long when pulled straight. I didn't use a tool or do it very methodically. I just grabbed fairly uniform sized pieces and twirled them into a coils. I usually do it after a hair wash night. I co-wash and comb it out and then I put this hair lotion (Alaffia Shea and Virgin Coconut Enriching Hair Lotion) in it which makes it very slick, then I do the coils. The lotion sinks in after a couple hours. They get rubbed out in the back cause he's still taking 2 naps a day and rolling/crawling around but it is adorable.