Advertisements
Advertisements
Check out this article!
[url=http://www.app.com/article/20100326/NEWS03/100326035/Gov.-Chris-Christie-getting-rid-of-Child-Advocate-s-Office]Gov. Chris Christie getting rid of Child Advocate's Office | APP.com | Asbury Park Press[/url]
Advertisements
I just read about that this morning.
The Office of the Child Advocate helped me out last year with a sticky situation involving my foster child...in fact, they were amazing with the help and information they were able to give me. They found out answers when it seemed no one else could.
Its a disgrace that the Governor is doing this...but, don't even get me started on CC. I'm a teacher and he is dragging the entire teacher profession through the mud right now...
A month ago he cut the special education funding- 28 from my work were laid off!!! Now whats happeneing with the local police departments and teachers! This just tops it off- I mean I know they have to make cuts, but come one now, he cant think of any other places to cut from besides the ones that keep our kids safe?
He is also cutting millions of dollars of funding for public education. I don't think he likes kids!
Yes, in my district alone he cut 6 million dollars from education. Our taxes will go up and our services will go way down. Good going Christie.
Advertisements
He is also cutting millions of dollars of funding for public education. I don't think he likes kids!
He cut 820 (or is it 840?) million from public education funding...that's close to 1 BILLION dollars!
I used to work at the Child Advocate's office. I'm not so sure that Christie is wrong about this one!!!! The public perception of the office and what it does is not particularly accurate based on my behind the scenes point of view. . .
NJMama
I used to work at the Child Advocate's office. I'm not so sure that Christie is wrong about this one!!!! The public perception of the office and what it does is not particularly accurate based on my behind the scenes point of view. . .
That's interesting. Thanks for the insiders POV.
Given that NJ is running a 1.2 Billion deficit and a good half of the cost of government is education, it is rather inevitable that education gets cut.
Advertisements