Advertisements
Advertisements
:flower: :flower: Good morning everyone I pray you all are having a great weekend.
I have a question can you guys explain to me the process of renewing your Foster care license? My time to renew is coming up next year. Let's Chat about it.
Fosterhome2
We don't have a renewal process here. We do have to keep up on our training which is yearly and my agency does a quarterly walk-through. As long as we meet the requirements each calender year, we keep the license.
Advertisements
lookthrough the house; making sure all kids have beds; working smoke and carbon monoxide detector. Protective locks on 2nd floor windows. and a pay stub.
Hello everyone! Thanks for posting I hear after four years you need to renew your license to keep getting children placed here in your home. I live in Illinois and I hear it's a lot of paper work. I wish we could keep our license ongoing as well, I really don't understand why we need to renew.
In Minnesota the renewals are rather extensive. We hold a dual license (adults and children) so have to do it every year. We have to have water tested (we have a well), fire extinguisher tested. We also have to have our heating and air inspected. Do 12 hours of education (each hubbie and wife) and fill out questionnaires on each experience. We have to also complete quite a bit of paperwork (similar to but maybe about 1/4 the quantity of the initial license). Then we have to have a licensor come and inspect our home (we are provided a list of what she will be inspecting prior to the visit). On the education list too we have some mandatory training such as so many hours of mental health training and also car seat training every so many years. Hope this is helpful