Advertisements
Advertisements
Needing to get some information. Was a FP for two years and never had any issues. Admit that at times did talk to the childs atty and also the dr about concerns with the different fc. We worked well with every sw assigned and the providers sent out. We were targeted and treated with animosity by the agency and after much thought we gave up our license. Later we found out that a child we had been interested in adopting came up for adoption and the sw was willing to work with us and said all that was needed to happen was for the renewal of homestudy. When the meeting occured for the renewal we were told that it would be considered, though that they had concerns with my career and my partner being a single parent while I am away from the home on business trips. We explained that we still and always have had support from our family, friends, church and co-workers so that concern is not valid. The telephone call we received said that they would be mailing a letter out after consulting with their legal counsel about turning down our renewal. So the question is, with this denial is there hope to adopt in another state or agency?
I would try for sure. Unfortunatly people are not all good, even in these positions. They are supposed to be these wonderful caseworkers who are there to help the children and on and on... but if someone said something bad about you because they are just that kind of a person, then the agency could decide not to do the homestudy. I've never heard of anyone being denied a homestudy though. that's crazy.
Did you ask them why they turned you down for sure? Because single parents can adopt and one person out of a couple can adopt by themselves, so this shouldn't be a problem at all, especially since you have fostering experience already...
Advertisements
Why are they concerned about your partner caring for the children when you are away on business trips? That is how all families operate.
Was there an allegation made at some point?
Different agencies have different rules that they use to approve home studies. Some have very strict rules about what family structure should be and in your case, this one probably doesn't approve based on long term absence by one of the parents. They may not approve single parents either if this is why they won't approve you. Just find another agency.