Advertisements
Advertisements
Viewing Single Post
My husband and I are pretty young, we are 26. We started this process at 24 and area in Florida.
Keep in mind the children on the photolistings are there for a reason: they are very difficult to place. For some reason, the foster parents of this sibling set are not willing to adopt- find out why and believe everything they say.
We picked a sibling set from out of state, as the Florida kids seemed to find homes very quickly (however, we have seen many of them become available again after failed adoptive placements). We ended up having to disrupt with the boy our sibling set after he tried to kill our dog and plotted to kill us. Of course no one ever disclosed this info. We were told he was a sweet boy and is a "little" behind in school (SIX YEARS!). Now we just have his sister, who is quite the handful alone. I can't imagine having another child with all of the supervision she requires.
I'd be happy to share more with you and help you through the process. It's a pretty messy process.... PM me if you want to chat more.