Foster Care / Adoption in Movies
I know this has probably been done a hundred times before, but it should probably updated from time-to-time anyway.

What are some of the movies with adoption/foster themes you have seen? What are the movies you liked the best?

I came up with:

1. Meet the Robinsons
2. Blindside
3. The Odd Life of Timothy Green
4. Hotel for Dogs
5. Martian Child

In terms of watching with the children, I really like Martian Child. For myself, I love The Odd Life of Timothy Green. Timothy Green might be the only movie that really portrays the experience of foster parents.
I really like the movie Butter with Jennifer Garner.
Not a movie, but the show Dinosaur Train on PBS was on adoption today! Smile
@ Sunshine......Butter was great!
While not technically about a foster family, win win is an awesome movie about an older kid being "adopted." I am a huge paul giametti fan though so I may be biased!
Lost and found family, I really liked that one.
I loved The Odd life of Timothy Green!!!
Juno

Despicable me
I'm going to rent The Odd Life of Timothy Green right now!
Despicable me, Annie, All Dogs go to Heaven
PerfectWings said...
Lost and found family, I really liked that one.

Fav!!!!!^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
'The Christmas Bunny' was sweet. And I think the portrayal of foster/adoption on 'Parenthood' this season has been pretty realistic (ie it doesn't always go perfectly). I also liked 'Martian Child' and 'The lost and found family'. 'Gracie's Choice' was also good (more of kinship care than foster care though).
How did I forget about Despiccable Me and Annie? We watch those all the time! I'm going to have to check out Lost and Found Family. I never even heard of it, but the trailer looks intriguing.
preacherjt said...
How did I forget about Despiccable Me and Annie? We watch those all the time! I'm going to have to check out Lost and Found Family. I never even heard of it, but the trailer looks intriguing.

I don't know how but we have three different versions of Annie....
Surprised nobody mentioned Loosing Isaiah. There was also a new one on Lifetime with Kerry Washington that was good, but I only caught the last hr.