Advertisements
Advertisements
Does anyone have any tips for getting respite set up? We are leaving for vacation in about 3 weeks and it's been a nightmare dealing with our CW and Bumblebee's CW to get it set up. Our CW said she would said us a list of respite providers, but hasn't as of yet. I called Bumblebee's former FM and she is up for doing respite so we are planning on using her...but she is in a different county and so I checked with both CWs by email, no response a week later. My CW had told us that we could reschedule visits before and after vacation, but then the visit center said our respite provider would have to do it, which I wouldn't make her do because she's so far away. Email and call the CW, and she finally responds saying if they can keep the visits great, but if not, we can reschedule.
We have visits at a visit center Tuesdays and Wednesdays, and then they are now starting supervised in home visits where a person comes and picks him up from our house on Fridays. The former FM agreed to meet the visit supervisor for transport on Fridays and then I'll reschedule Tuesday and Wednesday.
I guess I'm not asking a specific question, I'm just really stressing about it and wondering if anyone has any advice, BTDT tips, or have I done due diligence? I'm just worried it's going to fall apart at the last minute and I'm going to end up in trouble somehow.
Enjoy your vacation!! When my dad got sick and died, I used neighbors to watch H, who was a baby. CW's knew about it as i took his older brother with me.
Advertisements