Advertisements
Advertisements
( I love the alliterations! LOL!)
Anyway, was creeping on biomom's FB page. She is "friends" with A-mans former foster mom.
She and her husband bowed out for seeking placement of A-man once they realized he was in an adoptive home and has been here for so long.
I would REALLY like to contact her to get a conversation going, exchange information, pictures etc. I would LOVE to know about his time in care previously.
How would you approach this? Would you wait? Would you contact via FB? How would you reach out, what would you say???
HELP! I might be able to get pieces of STBAS history and pictures from this family.
FYI, they seem wonderful, adopted 4 children through FC, do missionary work in Africa etc. Any suggestions???
I found ours online, contacted, she sent me photos and some things he'd made for mothers day the one year he was there for that. she sent it to me as she felt since I would be his mom forever I should have it. she could fill in some pieces for me.
Advertisements
since they bowed out for his good I am guessing she would be open to contact. FB is a good non-threatening way to make contact ... not as on-the-spot as a phone call, not as invasive-feeling as snail mail. If she doesn't want contact she can just ignore it. I assume you don't actually want to be FB friends with her since she's FB friends with bio mom ... isn't there some thing where if you send a FB message to a non-friend it doesn't go in their inbox unless you pay a fee?
Personally, I'd wait until after finalization. I guess I wouldn't want to risk stirring anything up especially since she's FB friends with bio mom.
i'd wait until finalization. while she may be fantastic, she may also be a stickler for rules and claim youre breaking confidentiality. doubtful but its a possibility.
I *did* contact each person who had my children in the past. The foster family who had them the longest, fought for them, and wanted them back was SO thankful to hear from me, get pictures, etc. They were so glad they finally had permanency.
Of course, I feel the same about them. I thanked them for taking care of my children before I even knew. I am thankful they fought for them though it got them blacklisted by the county my children are from. The FFM sent me a ton of pics. [url=http://hfamcourse.wordpress.com/2013/03/29/awesome-blessing-and-the-call/]Awesome Blessing and The Call | An Intentional Life[/url]
They had almost quit fostering after losing my children as they were disgusted with this awful system. They didn't though and have been able to finish out their family through adoption and birth. They are a homeschool family too (funny how my kids were to be homeschooled either way).
Anyway, I would contact them. I would wait until after finalization to do it. I waited until after finalization (for the ones I knew about before...I didn't know enough about the people I mention in this post until March of this year)
Advertisements