Advertisements
Advertisements
I am looking for some help in the search for my birth mother and sisters. I do not have a lot of information, I do have names and birth dates. I am unable to afford a private investigator, and they have told me with the information that I have it is possible to find them. I was born in California. If you are able to help me please contact me back. I have been searching for a long time, and I believe I finally have the right amount of information to find answers.
Advertisements
Hi whitetracey,
Names and birth dates can be very helpful.
As the adoptionadmin mentioned above, one step you could take would be to register with the isrr.org reunion registry. It's the biggest and best-known registry, so it's possible that someone on the other side has been searching for you and posted their information there.
CA also has a mutual consent registry. Worth signing up if you haven't already.
California releases identifying information upon request to those whose adoptions were finalized on or after 1/1/84. I don't know how old you are, but if that applies to you, you can contact the California Department of Social Services.
In any case, the state's webpage with adoption-related info is here: [url=http://www.childsworld.ca.gov/PG1314.htm]Information On Your Adoption[/url]
Beyond all that... where have you searched? Having a name is big. Having a birth date is even bigger. Very helpful! Have you already searched via ancestry.com and similar sites? Personally, I found a lot of helpful information there. I'm not sure what to recommend without knowing what you've already done. I don't want to suggest things that have already been tried and proven unhelpful...
Hi whitetracey,
Names and birth dates can be very helpful.
As the adoptionadmin mentioned above, one step you could take would be to register with the isrr.org reunion registry. It's the biggest and best-known registry, so it's possible that someone on the other side has been searching for you and posted their information there.
CA also has a mutual consent registry. Worth signing up if you haven't already.
California releases identifying information upon request to those whose adoptions were finalized on or after 1/1/84. I don't know how old you are, but if that applies to you, you can contact the California Department of Social Services.
In any case, the state's webpage with adoption-related info is here: [url=http://www.childsworld.ca.gov/PG1314.htm]Information On Your Adoption[/url]
Beyond all that... where have you searched? Having a name is big. Having a birth date is even bigger. Very helpful! Have you already searched via ancestry.com and similar sites? Personally, I found a lot of helpful information there. I'm not sure what to recommend without knowing what you've already done. I don't want to suggest things that have already been tried and proven unhelpful...
I appreciate all of your feedback. It seems as though things were progressing a lot faster than I realized and I am not even sure how it happened but I have located and communicated with my birth mother and younger sister. Now I just need resources on reunion!
Wow! That's wonderful!
Welcome to the reunion roller coaster. How are you handling it all so far?
My best advice here is to be gentle with yourself and others - reunion tends to bring up big, tough emotions (on all sides), and kindness goes a long way. Take it slow, take the time you need...
I hope you're at the start of a relationship that brings joy to your life. Best of luck to you! :)
Advertisements