Advertisements
Advertisements
so my partner and I adopted our daughter from foster care 9 years ago. She's now 19 and the light of our lives. Last year we started the process to adopt again and started sending out home studies in June. Our agency has a program for straight adoption of older waiting children, which is what we did last time and are doing again. We got matched with a little girl, 10 years old, and started visits a week and a half ago. She is a really neat kid and will be a great match for us.
We've had two visits and they went well. The transition plan involved some more day visits, then weekends, then moving in in February. We were going to see her a few days before Christmas but not on Christmas itself. Sooooo - today the foster family tells the social worker that they are going away for the holidays and they don't plan on taking our new daughter along. The new transition plan is, weekend visit this weekend, then move in on Tuesday. :eek:
we're excited, and we have no doubt about the match, but wow. Tuesday. I believe my exact words to our worker were "well that's exciting. And slightly terrifying."
surprise! It's a 10 year old girl! :banana: :eek: :banana: :love: :arrow: :dance: