Advertisements
Advertisements
After four failed birth mom incidents, I am looking at photo listings for single or sibling groups no more than 3. My hague approved homestudy appears to be good in some regions and in some states on cps/dhs kids and some not
is there a way to see which ones will allow me to use the private homestudy?
Remember that there are significant differences among homestudies for international adoption, domestic agency adoption, and adoption from the state foster care system. International adoption homestudies must satisfy requirements of the specific foreign country from which you are adopting, as well as of the USCIS. And each U.S. state has its own requirements for homestudies, some of which apply to both domestic and foster care adoptions, and some of which are unique to one or the other. These differences may be substantive, or they may be simple wording differences, that matter mainly to attorneys and bureaucrats; in either case, if the correct language isn't present, your homestudy will not be accepted. In general, you will need a substantial revision of your homestudy, which may amount to almost as much work as a brand new homestudy, if you change from one kind of adoption to another.
So go ahead and look at all of the photolistings. Just expect that when you find a child whom you wish to adopt, you will have to have a major homestudy revision. The good news is that, if you are adopting a child from the foster care system in your state, you may be able to get your homestudy redone at a much lower cost than you paid for your original one.'
Sharon
Sharon
Advertisements