Advertisements
Advertisements
I understand that in some situations, visitation with birth parents or sharing addresses or phone numbers might not be safe. But I don't see that it's entirely necessary to completely close the adoption. I have seen people set up a separate email account to send updates to, and that seems to have worked fairly well. But I still hear of some adoptive couples feeling that any contact whatsoever would be unsafe.Has anyone ever experienced this? What would it take for you to completely close the adoption?
Advertisements
I can't imagine ever intentionally completely closing an adoption. Even in situations where contact isn't safe, you can always send pictures and updates about the children through an agency or designated email account, simply being cautious about not including any details that would hint at your location.
Continued illegal activity...drug use or alcohol addiction without attending meetings while trying to live sober, undermining adoptive parents authority, birth parents who only contact to ask for help financially, birth parents who drop the ball in the openness agreement.